What was the last promotional gift you received? Do you still have it? Do you use it? One thing to keep in mind is longevity. Items that are always visible are constant reminders of your services.
Think about things you use every day at work. Here are some ideas that will keep your logo visible for years:
1. One of my favourite items is a nice clock. Everyone uses a clock. Once you have one on your desk like the promotional clock featured, it becomes a habit to look at it several times a day. There are a huge variety of clocks to choose from. All different shapes, sizes, colours and designs from whimsical to elegant. There are enough choices for any budget.
2. Office workers are becoming more aware of ergonomic environments and are now using the gel pad wrist rests for both keyboards and mice. Lots of room for your logo and/or catch phrase.
3. How about a USB hub with your logo? These days people have many different USB devices such as Ipods, phones, printers, etc. You can’t have too many USB ports and having a hub at your fingertips, with your logo of course, is a great accessory.
4. Although this is not a computer accessory, pen/pencil holders are another good way to get that brand out there. Most people don’t like clutter on their desks but a nice container will stay visible. Bright, cheerful colours always improve the mood in a workspace. Not everyone in the office likes the geek gift!
5. Everyone’s favourite is a mouse pad. Always on your desk and looked at hundreds of times a day. Inexpensive but appreciated. Nobody likes a dull mouse pad and it takes years to wear one out.
6. Maybe a digital desktop calendar? There are some that have an arm that quickly swings back and forth and delivers a message. You can program them quite easily and they are quite a conversation starter. This could easily bring your company to mind when they see such an unusual item.
7. It’s always fun to think outside the box. Why not brand a mouse? Receiving a gift like this will surely keep your company in the front of people’s mind.
So have some fun with your promotional gifts. Go crazy! Make your gift fun and memorable. What would you love to receive for your desk? What would put a smile on your face? Top quality promotional desktop gifts are most likely to be used and kept for years to come.
By Dan Toombs